Today’s theme for the Spoonflower Design-A-Day challenge was found objects. To the junk drawer!
When I started pulling stuff out of our draw, I realized there were a lot of red, white, and blue items in there. I stuck with items in those colors for my little collage. Here’s what I came up with:
- Some red, white, and blue string
- A red-handled screw driver
- A blue-handled screw driver
- Some red-handled pliers
- A red pot scrapper (this one was actually on the window sill, not in the drawer)
- A red, white, and blue box of matches
- Some packing tape with a red dispenser
- A blue hook thingy
- A white tea light candle
- A red tea light candle
I arranged all of these do-dads on the back of one of my sketch pads and took a picture.
I did some manipulation to my photo in Photoshop. I removed/smudged any words on the items so there wouldn’t be any backwards letters when I started flopping the image around for my pattern repeat. I also added a Dry Brush filter to the photo to soften everything a bit, and to compensate for having a less than perfectly in focus picture. Then I did some copying and reflecting and ended up with this:
I love how the binding on my sketch pad creates a stripe in this pattern.
Until next time,